All of your home’s drains lead to the sewer line. A problem there can spell serious problems for several areas of your house, including the floors and foundation. Unfortunately, sewer lines get buried beneath the ground. Since you cannot easily check for a sewer leak, you should pay attention for a few telltale symptoms. If you live in west Los Angeles and notice any of the following indicators, call Sunset West Plumbing & Rooter today.
Sewer Leak Indicators
- Running Water: If you can hear water running through your pipes, even when all taps remain closed, if can indicate a need for sewer service.
- Unpleasant Odors: These can show up in a couple spots when a sewer line leaks. The smell of mildew inside the house can develop from water leakage in the walls. If you notice a sewage smell in your yard, then you’ve got an underground leak.
- Foundation Cracks: Leakage from your sewage line can make the ground beneath your home unstable. This can result in shifts to your foundation, along with accompanying cracks.
- Unusual Lawn Patches: As water and sewage leaks beneath your yard, it can cause odd growth patterns. You may notice dead patches, killed by an influx of bacteria; at the same time, you may see sunken, unusually lush areas.
- Influx of Pests: Insects and rodents will become attracted to the leaking sewer elements. If you notice a sudden uptick of these pests around your house, you may have a sewer-related issue.
These five signs serve as the usual indicators for problems in your sewer line. Though municipal property, the sewer line beneath your yard remains your responsibility to fix. If you suspect problems, don’t hesitate: call Sunset West Plumbing & Rooter today at (310) 454-2010.